the yogi’s journey to india~
the forest & the river
The Yogi’s Journey to India
By the Sacred River
Week One: The forest retreat
Week Two: The sacred river
$3200 Early Bird. Based on double occupancy.
Single Occupancy +$500
Deposit by June 15th. Complete payment by July 30.
$3500 Regular Price (After June 15)*
Single Occupancy +$500*
The magic of the Corbett National Park is where we begin. Tucked into a luxurious hideaway with delicious, homegrown organic meals, a lodge, a magnificent yoga hall and surrounded by the call of the wild. We spend a week here learning how to personalize our yoga and fit it into an ayurvedic lifestyle.
Ganges. The sacred river. At Rishikesh, one of the most vibrant, colorful stops along this holy river, we find her here as pristine as she can be, having just descended from her source. It is here that the great rsi’s of yore meditated. We will visit the temple where Siva swallowed the poison to save the world, the cave where Sage Vashishta did his meditation and celebrate the river every morning and evening with songs and fire. Here we will find the deeper meanings of yoga, for many say this is its root home and we will see it in all its colors!
Registration and Information: ADRETREATS@GMAIL.COM
Delhi: October 2-3
Arrive in Delhi, the capitol of India. You will be met at the airport. Spend a couple of days getting grounded. Includes a visit to the Lotus Temple for meditation. A drive around town. A lovely dinner at Arun’s family home…
and some good shopping to get you vetted into the ways…
Onwards to Corbett National Park: October 4-8
JJRetreat is a luxurious hideaway in the verdant Corbett National Park. Situated at the foothills of the Himalayas, Corbett is the most prominent wildlife sanctuary in India. Two jeep safaris are included that show you a rich variety of flora and fauna. Although a tiger sighting is rare, many species of deer and birds abound. In the distance you may see a herd of elephant when we pass through shallow grass.
The rustic cottages at JJR specialize in richly decorated tapestries and furnishings and all the comforts of home (except TV:). The cafe and restaurant serve exquisite food. Much of it provided by an organic garden brimming with vegetables. And the local cows, from their own backyards, provide fresh milk daily. The riverbed and adjoining village make for some excellent hiking. Here, in the magnificent yoga hall we will deepen our studies and begin the process of creating personal yoga practices that go from kriyas to asana to pranayama to meditation and contemplation. Practices that we bring home as a forever gift from India.
Rishikesh: October 9-14
Among all the sacred towns along the Ganges, Rishikesh is closest to its wild mountain waters. This holy town straddles both sides of the river, connecting mainly through two suspension bridges. The town is a haven for both tourists and ascetic holy men. Brimming with temples, artisan shops, local vegetarian restaurants, even an Italian pizza house, it will home us for 5 nights.
Here, we will do evening pujas,
hike to a legendary sage’s cave, optionally river raft, but most important of all we will worship the river and bring a deeper dimension to our yoga practice: that of chanting and worship. We will learn the true meaning of surrender is to find the joy of acceptance!
Delhi: October 15/16
Having taken the evening train from Rishikesh on the 14th and settling into our hotel, we wake up to our last day in India. A chance to catch our breath or do last minute shopping before taking a night flight home. Please note, most night flights leave after midnight and thus would officially be the 16!
The Retreat officially ends and India awaits any fearless explorers who wish to do more. YogaRasayana’s trusted travel agents are available to help with this!
The above prices include the following:
- All group travel as stated. This includes all listed air and land travel during the Retreat. This specifically includes all group road travel to Corbett, Rishikesh and train from Rishikesh to Delhi. Any personally requested additional travel would be at your cost.
- Airport pick up and drop off in Delhi.
- Lectures and all yoga sessions. .
- Visit to Vasishta Gupha in Rishikesh.
- Visit to Neelkantha Temple in Rishikesh
- 2 jeep safaris at Corbett.
- Shared Double Occupancy Cottages at JJR, Corbett. (Single Room Occupancy prices will be significantly higher and subject to availability.)
- Shared Double Occupancy Rooms in Rishikesh (Single Room Occupancy prices will be significantly higher and subject to availability.)
- Shared Double Occupancy Rooms in Delhi (Single Room Occupancy prices will be significantly higher and subject to availability.)
- All meals at JJR. (Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Breakfasts only in Delhi and Rishikesh.
- While at most lodging facilities, WiFi is included, be aware that we cannot guarantee its availability and quality.
What is NOT included:
- Airfare/travel not specifically included above, including to/from your own starting and ending destinations, whether in the Americas, Europe, India or elsewhere.
- Optional river boat rafting in Rishikesh.
- Any additional excursions taken either as a group or individually that are not expressly mentioned above.
- Massages at JJR (we have arranged special pricing but take no responsibility for quality of same.)
- Optional additional jeep safaris (two are included)
- Optional Ayurvedic massages in Rishikesh. We will arrange special prices at an authentic clinic.
- Additional costs you may incur as a result of taking this trip including but not limited to passports, visas and other incidentals.
- Additional incidentals you may incur such as laundry, phone calls, internet, alcoholic beverages, any foods or drinks not specifically covered above, or any items of a personal nature that are not expressly mentioned above.
- All meals not expressly mentioned above.
- Any transportation not expressly included above.
- Any additional expenditure not expressly covered above whether of an individual nature or voluntarily as part of a group.
- Tipping. (We will pool tips for Group Tipping wherever applicable. We estimate this to work out to around $75 total per person)
- *Double Occupancy rates are based on a shared twin bed room. The Retreat organizers are not responsible for providing you a roommate. If two single people apply separately, the organizers will put each in touch with the other as a courtesy only.
We will study, practice, sightsee, travel, shop and imbibe yoga.
Registration and Information:
May 31-June 2: Yoga Therapy for the Mind
June 21-23: Ayurvedic Psychology
Online Course/Sevanti Institute
August 16-18: Yoga & Ayurveda Philosophy
Oniine Course/Sevanti Institute
Saturday at 9am: Sattvavajaya Cikitsa: The Conquest Of Truth
Frazier Park, CA Get 25% off by using code YOGARASAYANA